Transitioning Our Hearts

Transition Tompkins

Jan 6, 2012, 2:51:21 PM1/6/12
to transitio...@googlegroups.com

Greetings Tompkins County Transitioners,

Welcome to 2012, a year many expect to manifest great changes in the world we live in.  In the next two months, we are looking forward to completing the last two discussion of the Transition Town Discussion series and then seeing where the Transition Tompkins movement goes from there.  And we are excited to announce the date of the next discussion.

Part 2 of 3 Transition Tompkins Discussions: Transitioning Our Hearts will be on January 15th, 2012 at 2pm, at The Yoga School (in the Old Bryne Dairy Building on the Commons, above the Maté Factor).

This discussion will be a heart-opening experience integrating a short meditation, a world café style discussion on ideas from the Transition Handbook and a visioning exercise to help us envision a positive future of local resilience.

If you are interested in helping out with the organization of the event, here is a list of what needs to be done:

~ Finalizing the agenda and facilitation (a group of us have done some work to get that started)

~ Design poster to hang around town

~ Print the posters

~ Hang the posters around town

~ Make a facebook event

~ Pass the word along to friends

~ Show up early to the gathering to help prepare the space

If you are interested in helping to complete any of the above tasks, please let us know, otherwise we will be do our best to get what we can done.

Many Thanks,

Simone and Sam

Shoshiety

Jan 7, 2012, 10:51:18 AM1/7/12
to Transition Tompkins
Thanks Simone and Sam for your work and constancy!
Paul & I will help spread the word and show up early to help prepare
the space.
See you then!
Shoshi

On Jan 6, 2:51 pm, Transition Tompkins <transitiontompk...@gmail.com>

Samuel Bosco

Jan 9, 2012, 5:38:25 PM1/9/12
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Simone and I have made up a poster for THIS SUNDAY's event (attached). We hope a bunch of you can make it!

Please feel free to post this across your social networks, feel free to print it out and distribute around town

Blessings
Sam and Simone

--
Working to support community-led responses to climate change, inequality and shrinking supplies of cheap energy, building resilience and happiness

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ithaca-in-transition?hl=en?hl=en

--
Samuel Bosco
Graduate Research Assistant

Steve Austin

Jan 9, 2012, 8:08:24 PM1/9/12
to transitio...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sam,

Nice poster. i'll try and get some posted up here around c-town. "oil dependency" ? I know that was the original premise but most people seem to be concerned with the economy. I for one am concerned about the climate. It's a horse race. Let me know if you're short on help.

Steve