Next Transition Meeting: Transition of our Hearts

Transition Tompkins

Dec 19, 2011, 9:59:53 AM12/19/11
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hello Transitioners,

We are in the process of planning the next meeting (part 2 of 3) and want to get a sense of when would be the best day to hold it.  Again, we've created a doodle poll to collect that information, so if you are interested in having a say in when the meeting will be held, please go here: http://www.doodle.com/wqnayv3sfmcgmucg and fill out the poll.

We also need to pick a location.  The owners of The Yoga School have generously offered their space, though we're not sure if the timing of our meeting will work with when they are holding classes.  We were thinking that it would be nice to have a space with more intimate, comfortable feeling than the warehouse feeling of the GreenStar Space.  If anyone has any other suggestions/ideas that would be great!  Additionally, if you have any creative ideas for the name of this gathering, that would be great.  Above we've referred to it as "Transition of our Hearts,"  but are definitely open to changing it.

And lastly, a reminder, if you have the notes from the last meeting, it would be great to get those typed up before the next meeting, just so that task doesn't linger on too long.

Many thanks,
Sam and Simone

Steve Austin

Dec 19, 2011, 10:43:00 AM12/19/11
to TT, les...@strebelcpa.com

Hi Sam and Simone and all,

I was at a TimeBank meeting last Sat.  Looks like we might be hosting a large meeting for the community as an introduction or launch for our local Time Bank.  As many of you may know TimeBanking and alternative currencies are a big part of the Transition Town Movement.  The meeting will be around the 7th of January.  The folks from hOur World TimeBank, who's software we will most likely be using, will be in town to help us with a launch.  Details are just now being ironed out.  I will keep you all posted and hopefully we can coordinate dates so people can attend both events.

Steve Austin

--
Working to support community-led responses to climate change, inequality and shrinking supplies of cheap energy, building resilience and happiness

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ithaca-in-transition?hl=en?hl=en