Call your senators to SUPPORT taxes on internet-based purchases!

Greg Nelson

Mar 19, 2013, 12:42:30 PM3/19/13
I just got an email from eBay asking me to call and oppose the proposed sales taxes on purchases made over the Internet.

Well, I disagree, and I told my Senators why:  I believe that right now local businesses are at a relative disadvantage to big national and international ones, because companies like eBay, Amazon, and others are being given a tax advantage over the local stores selling the same products.  Because I believe strongly in supporting local businesses, I feel that "leveling the playing field" so that the same sales taxes are collected regardless of where the object is purchased is the right thing to do.  I am hoping that you agree and will join me in supporting such an effort.  (And pass it on wherever you think makes sense.)

Greg

--
Tell the story, sing the song/Guide the needle with your hand/Create an inspiration/We have been waiting for so long. -- Ellen Hamilton/Leena Evic