Multi-group collaboration

Samuel Bosco

Mar 5, 2012, 6:54:22 PM3/5/12
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hello all, I know its been a while and quite quite over this line for some time now, but I was wondering if anyone who is jazzed about Transition Tompkins wanted to help it collaborate with several other awesome community groups

Shira Evergreen recently sent out an email (included below) to summon a meeting among several progressive community groups that have similar yet unique goals and visions.

Unfortunately, Simone or I won't be able to make this meeting, we're just too swamped with some major life changes, but we wouldn't want Transition to miss out on this conversation.

There's a doodle poll in the message, you can sign into it with your name or as Transition Tompkins.

If someone is able to go, could you let us all know and also give a recap?

Best,
Sam and Simone

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey Folks,

Over the past few months it has been so exciting to see momentum building with Ithaca Hours and Local First Ithaca while there's been an explosion of new local initiatives like the Transition Town series, Swidjit, Time Banking and the new Barter Market organized by Occupy Ithaca.

In my work with Share Tompkins, I have talked to a lot of people who are super excited about these opportunities to become more resilient, support local businesses and incorporate bartering, sharing and alternative currencies into their daily lives. But they are also feeling a little overwhelmed by the number of ways to engage, especially online.

I have discussed with many of you, that I think it would be productive to get together and strategize about how all these models can work together in a way that we can create the critical mass for all of them to be successful. I would love to have a meeting where leaders of these programs, as well as anyone who wants to get involved on a "meta" level could share our goals and program plans for the coming year and explore opportunities for collaboration and collective messaging to the community. This might also be a good time to discuss some of our shared challenges.

If you like this idea and would like to participate, please fill out this web poll so we can find a day/time that works for as many of us as possible. All the dates are between March 13 and 28. Be sure to click "Show all 12 options": http://www.doodle.com/xbra6wzkmq3ptnav

Feel free to forward this to people who you think would like to participate!

In Solidarity,
Shira :)

Shira Golding Evergreen
Shirari Industries