Social Action film: True Justice - Jan. 12 6 pm

Sarah Klepner

Jan 5, 2020, 12:08:35 PM1/5/20
to transition-red-bank
Learn from our past. Fight for our future.
Social Action film: True Justice
Sunday Jan. 12
6 pm
1475 West Front Street
Unitarian meetinghouse (uucmc.org)

Hosted by the NJ Social Justice Remembrance Coalition, with discussion/Q and A after film.

TRUE JUSTICE “Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality” follows Bryan Stevenson, founder of the Equal Justice Initiative, and his struggle to create greater fairness in the criminal justice system. The film shows how racial injustice emerged, evolved and continues to threaten the country, and challenges viewers to confront it.

NJ Social Justice Remembrance Coalition is currently working with the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) to place an EJI Historical Marker at the site where Samuel Johnson was lynched in 1886 in Eatontown, NJ.

For more information, contact acshe...@att.net or taishu...@gmail.com