Social Actions: TOMORROW - Protect Forest + Stand with Black and Brown Communities

Sarah Klepner

Jun 19, 2020, 3:17:58 PM6/19/20
to transition-red-bank
Stand Together to Defend Communities of Color
Saturday June 20
Freehold - 10:30
Long Branch - 11 am
Details below

Save 32 Acres of Untouched Forest
Northeast corner of Route 35 and Deal Road, Ocean Township, NJ 07712
Saturday, June 20 and following Saturdays
12 - 3 pm

Gathering in peaceful protest this and every Saturday from 12-3 pm to assert a halt on the illegal digging of 32 acres of undisturbed forest with evidence of historic indigenous people's presence. While the land owner is moving to destroy the forest, the tree removal permits have not been issued and there is a lawsuit pending against spot zoning and master plan inconsistencies.
Social distancing and masks are required.
For more information, see save32acres.org or call 732-241-1881.  Parking available across Route 35 in plaza at southwest corner or take NJ Transit bus 832 (Red
Bank to Asbury Park, see njtransit.com for schedule).

Join and share Facebook event:  Planet & People over Profit, Save32acres

Demanding Justice for Communities of Color:

Tu lucha es mi lucha- Your struggle is my struggle
Saturday June 20
10:30 am
4 Jackson Street, Freehold, NJ 07728

From Facebook: We believe that the police brutality, racial profiling, and mass incarceration of black people and the brutality of ICE raids and detention that tear apart familes are all part of the same racist system. They are all forms of violence against black and brown people.

The Freehold Boro police has a documented pattern of disproportionate use of force against black people and is known to harass migrant workers and cooperate with ICE. Join us as we march through Freehold in solidarity with Black Live Matter and call for an end to these racist practices, policies and systems.
#DefundPolice #AbolishICE
Hosted by NJ Advocates for Immigrant Detainees and Casa Freehold
For more information, call (732) 409-3111
Join and Share Facebook event page: Tu lucha es mi lucha- Your struggle is my struggle,  https://www.facebook.com/events/2617002321953143/

Peaceful Protest in Memory of George Floyd
Historic [not the new bldg] Long Branch High School
Eastbourne and Westwood Avenues, Long Branch, NJ 07740
Saturday June 20
11 am

From the Link newspaper:
(no other details available at time of sending)