Bioregional Committee Meeting Minutes, January 21, 2019

Maria Tupper

Jan 24, 2019, 4:23:03 PM1/24/19
to Bioregional Committee, TransGreaterNewHaven

Bioregional Committee Minutes, Jan 21, 2019

Chair: Lynne    Note taker: Maria

Next meeting Feb. 4, 2019, Chair: Bobcat

Attending: Lynne, Bobcat, Gaianne, Maria

Gratitude, meditation

UPCOMING:

-Potluck/poetry reading Jen Payne, Jan 26, 2019, 6 PM potluck, 7 PM event, FUUS.  We will come at 5:30 to do the set up.

-The Human Element: showing at Common Ground some time in February to be determined by Common Ground.

-CT Nofa conference: Sat. Feb 23, Domingo will give 2 presentations, Housatonic Community College, Bridgeport

-Living on Earth, Feb 25, 7:30 PM @ FUUS, writings from Bill Deusing’s book and invited guests. Maria will contact Suzanne.

-R2R day of service: April 6, fill out form if we want to host by Feb 20.  We will possibly host 2 or 3 people on the Day of Service to do digging for the planned Rain Garden at FUUS.

RECURRING EVENTS:
-Expression Monday: 2nd Monday of each month at Never Ending Book Store

-Herbal Friends: 3rd Tuesday @ FUUS, 7:30 PM. Next will be Black Tea on 2/19/19.

-Bioregional Garden meeting: Feb 2 @ 3:30 PM @ FUUS

-Rain garden at FUUS: Has been accepted informally in concept. Lynne and Bobcat will continue to work on plans.

-R2R: next meeting Feb 4 @ Common Ground HS, 6 PM, Maria will attend meeting.

REPORTS:

-R2R, possible location of launch Edgerton Garden Carriage House, details to be determined.

-Westville Walk: Roger

-Infiltration rain garden at FUUS

-Compost: No report, Domingo not at meeting.

-CT Environmental Legislative annual update – Lynne and Aaron attended. Lynne gave report.

MOVIES:
-Aaron created google doc of all of his suggestions: Birders, Human Flow (140 min), Sinking Cities: PBS live

-Stream – do with NH Climate movement?

Other:

-Revisit Peak Oil – Bobcat noted that we should revisit the idea of where are we going, what is our focus. We need to spend some time reflecting on where we are going. Bobcat will help us with this discussion.

-Reuse Resource: Elaine de Hoven, similar to Steve King’s guide for downsizing except for office/electronic equipment.  Should we pursue more connection with her?

-Mill River Watershed: re establishing their non-profit organization, membership based, have a new website now.

-CT Trails Day – Will we participate this year?

-Solarize:  Feb 9, Smartpower is running it, featuring C-Tek.  There will be a program at Mitchell Library.

Minutes: Maria

Maria S. Tupper
Bioregional Comm Minutes 1-21-2019.doc