SiT Community Allotment Taster Day Sun 5/11 10-15 Bonfire Edition

1 view

Kamil Pachalko

Nov 1, 2017, 3:31:49 AM11/1/17

Southend in Transition Community Allotment
(entrance to allotments off Hamstel Road – Garon’s end – opposite fish and chips Plaice to Be)

Where you can learn how to grow food, look after your garden, take fresh produce home, meet new people over a shared meal and exchange ideas on how to help the community thrive.

Inline image 2

Taster Days - Volunteers and public welcome

Sun 5/11 10-15

Bonfire with a vegan/vegetarian fry up breakfast 🍳 for lunch! Bubble and squeak, veg sausages, bean stew, home made bread 🍞, mushrooms, 🍳 ... 🔥 hot chocolate🍫 Does it get any better than this?!
Open to all, whether you feel you have green fingers or just fancy a cuppa and chat... We love to drink tea and chat, actually we love to eat too 🍲 hence the "fancy" lunch straight from the fire!
Potluck lunch so please bring vegetarian food to share, if you don't happen to slave all night cooking, don't worry we always have plenty!
Ohh and don't forget the marshmallows!

Might do some gardening as well.

Lunch 12:30

Sun 26/11 10-14

Gardening. Strawberries potting up, filling raised beds with soil, seed saving.

11:30 tea and short tour of the plots
13:00 lunch

Come in anytime for a cup of tea

Inline image 1
Other events locally:

Transition Drinks – 30/11 Thur 19:00 Olde Trout Tavernpop in for the Transition social meet up, open to all groups and individuals interested in local community and sustainability

Repair Café  12/11 10:30-14 Shoebury Hub - Share Shed launch included

Southend Soup 4/11 Sat 14-17, Project 49

SEEOG talk 20/11 8pm "Using Plants for People and Wildlife"  Growing Together Westcliff

TrustLinks Christmas Fayre  Sat 25/11 11:00-14:00

Learning opportunities

Compost making

Wise watering

Soil fertility

Weeding

DIY:

water catchment and storage

Tool shed

Potting table

Materials storage

Starting new plot - digging

Visit us to plant, catch the sun, grow, water, sit, enjoy, drink tea or just chat.

Inline image 3

How you can help?

  • donate tools (even if broken as we might be able to fix them)

  • donate seed

  • donate your time - volunteer occasionally or on a regular basis

  • leave us a review here and here

Where is it?

Click to find our little plot off Hamstel Road. Link to MAP

Inline image 3

Kamil Pachalko
07411457259
Email UNSUBSCRIBE to stop receiving updates for the plot.