INVITATION: Permaculture Weekend

Deepak Rughani

Jul 1, 2014, 3:44:47 PM7/1/14
to permacultu...@googlegroups.com
To all those interested in Permaculture, Sustainability, Co-housing and/or Community!

Dear All,

Since there’s no Eastern Permaculture gathering this year we thought that it would be nice to organise something low-key here at Park House, where there’s room to camp, things to do and where we can learn from each other or just enjoy being together. In fact the idea was put forward by a couple of people and more recently again at our community camp in June.  So here it is!

Over the weekend of 19/20 July we’ll host a Permaculture Camp. Arrive anytime between 5pm on Friday evening and 9.30 on Saturday morning ready for an opening meeting at 10.00am.  At the meeting there will be the opportunity to ask, offer and share skills, plans, designs, knowledge and experience and to create (or not create) a programme of activities for the day.  We plan to pack up after lunchtime on Sunday.

Our offerings:
*A beautiful 12 acre field/woods on the outskirts of Norwich, easily accessible by public transport.
*A lovely camping area with compost loo, running water, DIY hot shower, camp-fire, rocket stove and cooking equipment.
*Car parking and space on the campsite for campervans.
*In the evening we'll offer a special presentation/discussion on the new 1.5 acre Northumberland Street Co-housing project (which is about to be submitted for planning permission) and the community and permaculture opportunities planned there.
*Projects currently underway at Park House include: polytunnel, new vegetable garden, water-harvesting, irrigation, preparation for the upcoming PDC in August with Aranya.
*We have the materials, tools and instructions to build small rocket stoves.
*Plenty of long grass for scything practice!
*A rough-and-ready workshop for small building projects

Our asks:
*Let us know if you are coming and whether you are arriving on Friday evening or Saturday morning (before 10:00am).
*That you'll attend the morning meeting (NB. Feel free to leave when you like but we aim for us all to be together at the start)
*Bring food to share
*A small donation towards costs (suggested £5)
*If you want to make your own rocket stove bring a large can (eg. paint or olive can)
*Someone to offer a scything workshop
*Prepare anything you would like to share e.g. a design idea, a skill or even a short workshop, and if there’s interest, we’ll create the space for it.
*Help to clear up on Sunday

We very much look forward to welcoming you!
Dee, Dano & Christine

Deepak Rughani
Tel: 07931 636337