Southend in Transition - Newsletter

Kamil Pachalko

May 18, 2018, 2:08:49 AM5/18/18
Hello from Southend in Transition.

At some time in the past you expressed an interest in staying in touch with us via the newsletter. We are planning to move our email list to https://mailchimp.com/ in the coming week and update our Data Protection policy to make our newsletters look and work better for you. You can say we are maturing to deliver you shiny and professional content :)

If you don't want to hear from us anymore please email me with a NO in the email. We are sad to see you go but wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Don't worry if you see this email late, Mailchimp is very easy to unsubscribe from and you will be able to do it at anytime.

If you stay on the list you will receive occasional emails from us with updates about our work. There are a lot of exciting developments locally from the many projects and groups we are in touch with.

Who are us?

It's Kamil, Fiona and Duncan who are local residents and trustees of the tiny but smart charity. We are supported by our lovely families, friends and volunteers. Many hands... you know...

We set out to encourage positive, local action to address big issues of climate change, peak oil, inequality and community cohesion. Uff, thinking too much about it alone could make us lose sleep at night and dim the spark in our eye. The way we address it is through projects you can get stuck in, enjoy and meet other people such as the Community Allotment, Repair Cafe, networking socials Think Global/Drink Local, various community events and helping others set up their own projects.

Example of local news you will be getting:

Community Allotment Taster Day Sun 27/05 10-14

Season prep, installing the water butt, building up storage area

11:30 tour of the plot

13:00 lunch

Come in anytime for a cup of tea.

Think Global/Drink Local 30/05 Wed 19:00 Railway Hotel pop in for THE community social meet up, open to all groups and individuals interested in local community and sustainability

Repair Café Pictures Shoebury Hub

Earthangel Allotment School Open Day 22/04 Sunday 11:30AM

St Laurence Orchard Work Days - Trust Links

Essex Wildlife Trust - Woodland Craft Workshops and much more

Fermentation Workshop 26/04 Conscious Kitchen

SEEOG Talk Home Composting 21/05 8pm Growing Together Westcliff

May Fayre 12/05 11:00 - 2:00pm Growing Together Wescliff

Southend Soup 19/05

Gut and Brain Health 22/05 Conscious Kitchen

Southend Vegan Fair Spring 2018 26/05

The 10th Essex Big Beltane Pagan Picnic 2018 27/05 The Roundhouse, Hadleigh Country Park

Young Carers Beach Clean Up 28/05

Eco Church 14/06 Kings Road United Reformed Church

Great Get Together 23/06 East Beach

Southend Pride Festival 21/07 12-20

Regular opportunities:

Vacant plots on the main Southend East site available. Contact Dave on 07801355630 Well stocked trade hut

Norwich Avenue
Community and Family Allotments - visitors and volunteers welcome, every Tue 9-12, contact Tony for more details TonyWa...@southend.gov.
uk or 07766727266, park in or around Cluny Sq

Email us or call if you wanted to get involved or if you know of any groups, projects and events we should know about and could promote.