Sunday 22nd March 2pm - What is Freedom ?

1 view

Mark Barrett

Mar 20, 2015, 6:35:10 AM3/20/15
to transition-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Transition East Anglia

As part of Islamic Awareness Week, we hope some of your members can join us for our meeting on What is Freedom? and our community dinner on Sunday 22nd March. Full details below. At this meeting, we want to explore the possibility of a working relationship between this unique mosque and the wider Norwich and Norfolk community.

We hope to see some of you there. And please assist by helping spread the word.

Cheers

Mark Barrett

What is Freedom? The first in a series of public meetings, and the launch of a new campaign.

Sunday March 22nd, 2pm - 4pm followed by community dinner at 5pm
All Welcome
Ihsan Mosque, 17 Chapel Field East, Norwich, Norfolk NR2 1SF

Norwich is renowned for its independence of thought, dissident tradition and early adoption of progressive civic principles. This year, that of the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta and the Charter of the Forest, and an uncertain general election, is an opportunity to rediscover the freedom, personal sovereignty and just governance as understood by these great Charters' founders. And to join forces for the real alternative: a new, inclusive settlement and civic reality.

But what is freedom? Are people actually free today? And, are you free to come to this meeting? If you are someone who takes freedom seriously, you are cordially invited to join us, and please share this invitation with the wider community.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1578282595791754/
Muslims of Norwich www.muslimsofnorwich.org.uk
People in Common: http://www.peopleincommon.org
Twitter @panworldwide
RSVP/more info: marknb...@gmail.com / 0785 439 0408
A short 1 minute video about us, and to promote the week as a whole

What is Freedom- PDF.pdf