Not to be missed!: Joanna Macy TODAY SUNDAY SEPT 18 at 7pm

Sammy Slade

Sep 18, 2011, 12:32:17 PM9/18/11
to carrborog...@lists.riseup.net, casag...@lists.riseup.net, transition-t...@googlegroups.com, transiti...@googlegroups.com, the...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

With bad news everyday whether it be burning fires, droughts, floods, wars, corporate power growing, etc.. and all of this only seeming to accelerate on a trajectory for the worse, for those of us working for a different world things at times can seem daunting.  Hearing Joanna Macy is for you.

And also for the many who find it seemingly more comforting to to hide from awareness as it can seem too much to bear to do otherwise, to depend on hollow hopes independent of life giving action, Joanna Macy is also for you.

Joanna Macy teaches the 'work that reconnects' which is an antidote to a system that depends on our alienation from ourselves and everything and in the process is extinguishing so much life and our connection with it ... the connections that give us the strength and reason to fight for a livable planet.

Come out tonight to re-energize and to reconnect ...

Joanna Macy - The Great Turning: How to Face the Mess We're in Without Going Crazy
TODAY, Sunday, September 18th  |  7:00 PM  |
FedEx Global Education Center, Nelson Mandela Auditorium, UNC-CH campus

“The most remarkable feature of this historical moment on Earth is not that we are on the way to destroying the world—we've actually been on the way for quite a while. It is that we are beginning to wake up, as from a millennia-long sleep, to a whole new relationship to our world, to ourselves and each other.” - Joanna Macy

Eco-philosopher Joanna Macy, Ph.D, is a scholar of Buddhism, general systems theory and deep ecology. A respected voice in the movements for peace, justice and ecology, she interweaves her scholarship with five decades of activism. As the root teacher of the Work That Reconnects, she has created a ground-breaking theoretical framework for personal and social change, as well as a powerful workshop methodology for its application.

Joanna Macy will also be giving a small workshop on Monday at 9:30 a.m. There are limited spots. If you are interested, email oste...@email.unc.edu.
To learn more, visit www.joannamacy.net

Sponsored by the Carolina Seminars, the Department of Anthropology, Latina American Political Imaginaries Working Group, Dept of Relgioius Studies, and the Center for Ecozoic Studies
Best,

Michal

  • -- You are currently subscribed to
smwg01 as: sammy...@hotmail.com To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-29909308-16565496.a21c...@listserv.unc.edu