RE: TT/adv bd

1 view

Sammy Slade

May 4, 2011, 6:36:14 PM5/4/11
to transitio...@googlegroups.com, transition...@googlegroups.com, transitio...@googlegroups.org, transitioncch-...@googlegroups.org, coleman....@gmail.com
Dear Transitioners,

As we consider ways in which to interface with the towns, one oppoertunity is to serve on one of the various existing advisory boards or OWASA board of directors.  Dan makes this point below.  Please read and consider applying.

Thanks.

--Sammy

Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 17:59:53 -0400
From: coleman....@gmail.com
To: sammy...@hotmail.com
Subject: TT/adv bd

Sammy,
Please send this email to the TT listservs. Thanks.

Dear Transition Carrboro,
    I want to invite Carrboro transitioners to consider serving on a town advisory board as part of your work toward a more resilient future. Although this work may not match the value of your activism as part of Transition Town, there are important contributions to be made.
    Advisory boards of interest include the Planning Board, the Environmental Advisory Board, the Economic Sustainability Commission, the Recreation and Parks Commission, and the Transportation Advisory Board, most of which have current vacancies. We also have an opening coming up on the OWASA Board of Directors. The latter is a key position, one requiring a greater commitment, setting policy for our water/sewer utility.
    For information on these boards, go to http://www.townofcarrboro.org/AdvBoards/advbrds.htm

    With questions or to discuss your interest in serving, please contact me or Sammy.

Dan Coleman
coleman....@gmail.com

Sammy Slade
sammy...@hotmail.com

Hank Rodenburg

May 5, 2011, 11:35:36 AM5/5/11
to sammy...@hotmail.com, transitio...@googlegroups.com, transition...@googlegroups.com, transitio...@googlegroups.org, transitioncch-...@googlegroups.org, coleman....@gmail.com

I think the most effective way to get involved is to volunteer as a stakeholder to help shape the new Comprehensive Plan for Chapel Hill, which will set policies for the future. It covers all areas of sustainability. I am already on two committees and can not serve on any more.

Hank

Council Seeks Stakeholders for New Comprehensive Plan
Posted Date: 5/3/2011

Community VisioningIf you are a problem solver or a creative and critical thinker, the Town Council has an exciting opportunity for you. Chapel Hill's new Comprehensive Plan will be built with the help of stakeholders who are dedicated to making Chapel Hill's future the best it can be.

You are invited to sign up at bit.ly/jxcgWD and join in developing the New Comprehensive Plan that will shape Chapel Hill's future through shared vision and guidelines. Ideas will come from the people who live, work, study and play in Chapel Hill. There will be many roles and opportunities for ideas and input. When you sign up, indicate what aspects of the plan interest you most.

The current Comprehensive Plan was adopted on May 8, 2000, and has been supplemented by various small area plans and other documents to guide the vision for Chapel Hill. The community and the Town Council have asked for a new Comprehensive Plan to bring these documents together, to reexamine the vision and to focus together on our community's future.

The Council established an Initiating Committee, a panel of individuals to help plan the process to create the new Comprehensive Plan. The logistical committee will help set the project calendar, identify key roles in the planning process, and assist in recruiting stakeholders. The Initiating Committee comprises the following residents: Kathy Atwater, Elliott Bennett Guerro, Gordon Merklein, David Knowles, Lee Storrow, Jason Baker, Jim Curis, Julie Brenman, Allison DeMarco, Joy Steinberg, Jim Merritt, Rob Maitland, Scott Beavers, Anita Badrock and Doug MacLean. They are scheduled to meet from 5 to 8 p.m. on May 17May 31June 9 and June 21, in the conference room of the Chapel Hill Public Library. We look forward to sharing the project schedule and more information after the Initiating Committee concludes their work.

Derek Okubo, senior vice president for the National Civic League, and Matt Leighninger, executive director of the Deliberative DemocracyConsortium, are assisting the Town of Chapel Hill in its process of community collaboration. They will guide the committee through the process of setting a schedule and identifying roles for the stakeholders.

For more information on the New Comprehensive Plan, visit bit.ly/jxcgWD,  email comp...@townofchapelhill.org or call the Town of Chapel Hill Planning Department at 919-968-2728.

To change your eSubscriptions preferences, click the following link:
http://www.townofchapelhill.org/index.aspx?page=38&subscriberguid=65203ffc-7ff3-477b-91ec-16f46bd122da

To unsubscribe from all Town of Chapel Hill eSubscriptions, please click the following link:

Dan Coleman

May 5, 2011, 11:49:37 AM5/5/11
to Hank Rodenburg, sammy...@hotmail.com, transitio...@googlegroups.com, transition...@googlegroups.com, transitio...@googlegroups.org, transitioncch-...@googlegroups.org
Yes, Hank, if you are in Chapel Hill, please get involved. My message was to folks in Carrboro.

Dan