Carrboro Rate Hike Resolution passed and opportunity to speak out ...

1 view

Sammy Slade

Oct 27, 2011, 2:18:41 PM10/27/11
to transition...@googlegroups.com, transitio...@googlegroups.com
Dear transitioners,

I wanted to let y'all know about the resolution Carrboro passed last Tuesday against the proposed Duke Rate Hikes.  If anyone lives in Chapel Hill I would recommend that you write your town council members and the mayor to ask that they consider passing a similar resolution to that which Carrboro has passed.

Also I encourage everyone to come out and speak at the upcoming Wednesday, November 2nd, 7 pm Utility Commission Hearing in Durham (Durham City Hall Council Chambers, 101 City Hall Plaza).  NC WARN is organizing some carpooling, options are 5:30 pm and 6 p.m. from two locations 1) downtown Chapel hill post office and 2) from University Mall.  Please let me know if you can come and/or drive.  My phone number is: 919-951-5200.  More information about the rate hike can be found here.

Attached is the Carrboro resolution.

--Sammy

"A real revolution is born from genetic memories of ancient reality."  -- Roxy Gordon
CarrboroRateHIkeRes2011.pdf