FW: 2012 Econ Dev. Grassroots Conferences

Sammy Slade

Dec 13, 2011, 11:43:22 AM12/13/11
to br...@carrborocoworking.com, ch...@cjstephenson.com, te...@weaverstreetrealty.com, rwsau...@msn.com, david...@mindspring.com, neste...@gmail.com, jeffers...@nc.rr.com, stor...@theupsstore.com, hav...@gmail.com, dan-c...@nc.rr.com, ast...@ci.carrboro.nc.us, Abraham Palmer, mike lanier, sara...@gmail.com, Andrea Wood, April McGreger, marg...@farmerfoodshare.org, transition...@googlegroups.com, transitio...@googlegroups.com
Dear Economic Sustainability Commission members,

I am forwarding below information from Mike Lanier of Orange Extension Service about a conference on Economic Empowerment: Entrepreneurship, Money Management and Workforce Development that will happen in Sanford in March.  Mike is a local living economy advocate, has been to BALLE conferences and very much gets why local Living Economies matter.

He would like for this conference to have representation from Orange county and Carrboro as there is a lot that we are already doing here that could be inspiring to our region.  Please contact him if you have any suggestions for exemplarary businesses or projects that you know of that he may want to invite or encourage to participate in this conference.  I have recommended to him so far (some who are cc'd):

Farmer Food Share
Empowerment Inc.
Vimala's Curriblossom Cafe
Transition Towns
Carrboro Greenspace
Farmers Daughter
Box Turtle Bakery
Porcino Pasta

--Sammy

"A real revolution is born from genetic memories of ancient reality."  -- Roxy Gordon

Subject: FW: 2012 Grassroots Conferences
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:02:12 -0500
From: mla...@co.orange.nc.us
To: sammy...@hotmail.com