Fwd: Bungay Christmas Lights

Tony Dawes

Sep 11, 2019, 6:33:13 AM9/11/19
to Sustainable Bungay

The Bungay Christmas Lights Committee has been working hard over the last two years to cope with new working-practices, safety and insurance demands to replace/update/renew the Christmas display which has served Bungay so well for nearly 20 years since the great Millennium Wish Upon a Star event.

We are being supported by a number of local public bodies so that the costs of installing and dismantling the Christmas lights can be covered each year, but the costs of maintenance, repairs and renewals need to be met from our own fundraising efforts.

As mentioned above, these efforts have had to be redoubled recently and so far we've bought in extra funds this year from extra private donations, tombola's and joint events at The Castle and The Fisher Theatre.

We still need to keep up the momentum if we are to achieve the necessary works and purchase the new equipment.  Hence we telling you of our latest fundraising event.

Thanks to Betty and John Warnes we are hosting a Lasagne Lunch in their beautiful garden on Sunday 29th September.  Suffolk Stonehouse are very kindly making the Lasagnes (there will also be a vegetarian lasagne) and members of the committee are making the accompaniments.  There will be a cheese board and a selection of lovely desserts, there will of course be wine.  Lunch will be followed by a super raffle.

There will be table of 6, so you could come as a group if you prefer.  Please do pass this email on to your family and friends. All details are on the attached poster which I would be grateful if you could display (if you have the space)  Booking is only a phone call away!

We hope to see you at the lunch.

Kind regards,

Lucy Walker
Bungay Christmas Lights