three acres and a cow

1 view

Charlotte Du Cann

Nov 10, 2016, 11:15:17 AM11/10/16
to Sustainable Bungay

Dear All,

This is a really great show hosted by a really great initiative - Norwich FarmShare (springboarded by Transition Norwich). Lots of singing and a share potluck meal.

All the best,

Charlotte

'Three Acres And A Cow’ connects the Norman Conquest and Peasants’ Revolt with current issues of fracking and the housing crisis via the Enclosures, English Civil War, Irish Land League and Industrial Revolution, drawing a compelling narrative through the radical people’s history of Britain in folk song, stories and poems.

Part TED talk, part history lecture, part folk club sing-a-long, part poetry slam, part storytelling session… Come and share in these tales as they have been shared for generations.

Events like this are so important to change our collective consciousness:

“Changing the story isn’t enough in itself, but it has often been foundational to real changes. Making an injury visible and public is usually the first step in remedying it, and political change often follows culture, as what was long tolerated is seen to be intolerable, or what was overlooked becomes obvious. Which means that every conflict is in part a battle over the story we tell, or who tells and who is heard.”
Rebecca Solnit

“Stories are the secret reservoir of values: change the stories individuals and nations live by and tell themselves and you change the individuals and nations. Nations and peoples are largely the stories they feed themselves. If they tell themselves stories that are lies, they will suffer the future consequences of those lies. If they tell themselves stories that face their own truths, they will free their histories for future flowerings.”
Ben Okri

We really hope you can come and please invite friends, family and fellow eco warriors!  Come at 6pm for a chance to hear the latest about our search for new land and for a shared meal (Potluck - bring a dish and share) as well as famous FarmShare soup.  We will have cider and wine for sale, a silent auction and Cards/Jams/Chutneys for sale.  If anyone has any Jam/Cards/Crafts to donate for sale please bring along to the hub for collection.

Tickets are £10/£5 concs available from NCBC (Mon-Thurs til 2pm), the Food Store (St Benedict's St) and from the Norwich FarmShare Hub, at Mens Shed, Pitt St, Norwich (Thursdays 4-7pm).  Online go to: threeacresandacow.co.uk/Norwich.

We hope to see you there for a good ol' FarmShare gathering!

Charlotte Du Cann

Nov 10, 2016, 11:48:23 AM11/10/16
to Elinor McDowall, Sustainable Bungay

Oops,, thanks Elinor. The first paragraph dropped off. Here it is! Atb, Charlotte

Three Acres and a Cow (Saturday November 19th, 7pm NCBC, Duke St) is the history of land rights and protest told through folk song and story.  The show has been touring the country and in Norwich, Robin and Naomi, are joined by The Common Lot (of Kett's Rebellion fame) for an evening of retelling British History.

Charlotte Du Cann
01502 722419

The Grassroots Directory
is now crowdfunding!