Verified Go Implementation?

Zoe Park

Aug 2, 2019, 4:49:05 PM8/2/19
to transit-format
Are there any plans for Cognitect to write a Go implementation of transit? Or officially support the existing community implementation?

--
This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- please immediately and permanently delete this message.

Alex Miller

Aug 2, 2019, 4:55:32 PM8/2/19
to transit...@googlegroups.com
The https://github.com/russolsen/transit implementation was written by Russ Olsen at Cognitect but is not considered to be verified at this time (although I believe it did pass the verification tests at some point). I can't really speak to his intentions with respect to maintaining it, but my impression right now is that Cognitect has no plans to spend resources maintaining a Transit Go implementation.

Russ might be willing to add maintainers if someone wanted to work from that starting point. Or it would be perfectly fine to see another implementation if you're interested.

Alex