Build for Node.js failing

Fred Eisele

Apr 7, 2017, 5:35:22 PM4/7/17
to transit-format
I have a clean checkout of `transit-js`.
$ ./bin/deps

got...
Installing  Node dependencies
npm WARN deprecated mini...@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated node...@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
trans...@0.8.773 /home/fred/projects/transit-js
├─┬ node...@0.9.1
│ └─┬ t...@0.7.1

with no sign of the `closure-compiler`
then...
$ bin/build_release_node

resulting in...
Error: Unable to access jarfile deps/closure-compiler/compiler.jar

How do I properly install this `compiler.jar` if not via the `./bin/deps`?

Fred Eisele

Apr 10, 2017, 6:30:10 PM4/10/17
to transit-format
I added...

ln deps/closure-compiler/closure-compiler-v20170218.jar deps/closure-compiler/compiler.jar
...which seemed to help somewhat.
Then `bin/test` resulted in problems with grunt so I installed the missing packages.
npm install grunt-contrib-concat grunt-contrib-uglify grunt-contrib-jshint grunt-contrib-nodeunit grunt-contrib-watch --save-dev

Now `bin/test` produces the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot find module '../deps/closure-library/closure/goog/transit_deps.js'

David Nolen

Apr 12, 2017, 3:31:06 PM4/12/17
to transit...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the report. I’ll try to find some time to look into this. If you could open a GitHub issue with this information so I don’t lose track of it, that would be helpful.

Best,
David