Showing vehicle location according to schedule

asel...@utah.gov

Feb 7, 2019, 5:08:32 PM2/7/19
to Transit Developers
Hi All,

I am a current MS student at the University of Utah and have been tasked with creating some sort of viewing application that shows a transit vehicles location (light rail train) as to where it should be according to schedule.

I have been coming up short on ideas of how to do this with a GTFS file.  I have done some light GIS developing and have experience with Python, FME, ArcGIS, and some javascript.

Anyone have some ideas of how this could be done or have done this?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Aaron Antrim

Feb 7, 2019, 5:29:47 PM2/7/19