How to find the last update time or publish time of GTFS schedule dataset

David Wu

Sep 28, 2022, 12:14:00 PM9/28/22
to Transit Developers
To avoid unnecessary processing of stale data, I need to find out when a GTFS dataset was published or last updated.

In some cases, I can check the time stamp of the zip file, but that doesn't work in other cases.

The GTFS standard specifies a feed_info.txt file, which can be used but it's an optional file and I don't find it in sources I have to deal with.

This should be a question that has been discussed in this group, but my search didn't turn up anything. Sorry if it's an old topic.

Thanks,
David

Emma Blue

Nov 30, 2022, 11:24:22 AM11/30/22
to Transit Developers
Hi David,

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do this consistently with the GTFS files themselves. However you can find this info through GTFS aggregators that track updates. transit.land does this — you can see this under Archived Feed Versions.

Thanks,
Emma