How to link Vehicles to Trips for RT-GTFS?

Yash Ganthe

Sep 3, 2021, 8:18:19 AM9/3/21
to transit-d...@googlegroups.com, gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If we have a GTFS feed and want to set up an RT-GTFS, we would need to maintain a mapping between a GPS-fitted vehicle and the corresponding Trips it is scheduled to make. The location updates come from a vehicle. The Vehicle ID and the latest location is thus known. However, this needs to be linked to a Trip so that RT-GTFS shows the status of the Trip. What tools are generally used to make this mapping?

-Yash

Joa

Sep 4, 2021, 11:53:56 AM9/4/21
to Transit Developers
Sounds to me you are looking for Computer Aided Dispatch.

YG

Sep 7, 2021, 3:12:17 AM9/7/21
to Transit Developers
Came across this collection of resources

Yet to go through them to understand which ones are most suitable.