Problems with pypi transifex 1.2.1

Paul Du Bois

May 10, 2012, 4:28:29 PM5/10/12
to transif...@googlegroups.com
I've been struggling trying to get an easy_install download of Transifex
working. I've uploaded several resources of varying format, and I can see
the text in the backend (and when I search), but the lotte interface is
always empty.

I first assumed it was user error, but increasingly it looks like perhaps a
bad .tar.gz on pypi.python.org. Here's the version info:

http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/t/transifex/transifex-1.2.1.tar.gz#md5=1257b2ac9581e0827c0d3fa0b5c68a35
(txenv)[root@BigWillie src]# pip freeze |grep trans
transifex==1.2.1
(txenv)[root@BigWillie src]# python -c "from transifex.txcommon
import version ; print version"
1.2.1

I noticed some broken-image icons and found that the .tar is missing all the
static images in priorities/static. Those files are definitely present in
the repo, though. (Side question: is tag 1.2 actually what was used to
produce the 1.2 releases? Its version_info says 1.1.0 beta)

(txenv)[root@BigWillie tmp]# tar ztf transifex-1.2.1.tar.gz | grep
"priorities/.*png"
(txenv)[root@BigWillie tmp]# cd txgit
(txenv)[root@BigWillie txgit]# git checkout 1.2
HEAD is now at ac54b3b... Updated translations
(txenv)[root@BigWillie txgit]# find . -name "*.png" |grep prior
./transifex/addons/priorities/static/priorities/images/High.png
./transifex/addons/priorities/static/priorities/images/Urgent.png
./transifex/addons/priorities/static/priorities/images/Normal.png

I dropped a .git directory into the easy_install to see if anything else was
missing and found many changes (attached). Among the changes, it looks
like I'm missing the entire lotte/static directory, which probably explains my
lotte issues.

My questions:
- Is this user error or is the 1.2.1 pypi release mis-packaged?
- If I'd like to run from a git checkout, what's a good tag or stable
branch to use?

Thanks!
paul
diffs.txt

Paul Du Bois

May 10, 2012, 6:38:12 PM5/10/12
to transif...@googlegroups.com
> the repo, though. (Side question: is tag 1.2 actually what was used to
> produce the 1.2 releases? Its version_info says 1.1.0 beta)

Aha, I just found the stable repo on bitbucket. It wasn't easy to find; http://help.transifex.com/server/install.html points to github, old links to http://code.indifex.com/transifex-stable/ redirect to a github 404.

Perhaps you could place a link to bitbucket in this portion of the install documentation?

And with a little more digging, it looks like 1.2.1 was built just a couple days too early, before hg 297b50b527bb420959d3ce05ecc4877dd31d8f53 ("Fixed packaging of addons static files too ") was submitted :-(

Anyway, all my questions are answered now :) I think perhaps a new release should be made, though.

cheers,