Transifex client 0.7

Apostolis Bessas

Feb 16, 2012, 10:48:44 AM2/16/12
to transif...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Today we release the 0.7 version of the Transifex client.

This version requires at least Transifex 1.2, although it also
supports features that are in the development version but have been
deployed to transifex.net.

This release mainly adds support for a couple of new features that
were introduced in Transifex since the 0.6 release.
A list of the new features can be found at
http://help.transifex.net/features/client/index.html#what-s-new-in-version-0-7.
In summary, the changes are:

- The user does not need to edit the .tx/config file any longer to add
options that were introduced in 0.6. The set command now supports
those options, like type and minimum-perc.
- Add support for the modes of exported translations that Transifex
introduced recently. One of the modes is the "reviewed", where the
transltion file will only have reviewed (i.e., proofread) translation
strings and "developer", which will download files that are suitable
to be used straight by the project. This is only needed for a few
formats, where empty translations introduce issues to the UI.
Accordingly, there is a translator mode, to fetch the translation file
in a version suitable for off-line translating. By default, the client
works as it used to. See also
http://blog.transifex.net/2012/02/updates-in-support-of-various-formats/
The default behavior of the client has not changed. The modes have to
be set explicitly.
- The client now deletes the whole resource instead of only the
translations, in case the user did not specify a language in the
delete command.

Keep in mind that the 0.5.x versions of the client will stop working
in the next 1-2 weeks, so everybody is advised to upgrade to either
0.6.1 or 0.7 release.

Enjoy,
Apostolis

--
Apostolis Bessas
Systems Engineer

https://www.transifex.net/

Ole Ottosen (ot2sen)

Feb 17, 2012, 3:03:29 AM2/17/12
to transif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Apostolis.

A small note: The windows version linked from the files.transifex.net/transifex-client/0.7/ returns a 404 currently.

Cheers,

Ole

Apostolis Bessas

Feb 21, 2012, 3:23:54 PM2/21/12
to transif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ole,

I just tried the link at
http://help.transifex.net/features/client/index.html#windows-version,
which is
http://files.transifex.net/transifex-client/0.7/tx.exe
and for me it works. Do you use that link, too?

Regards,
Apostolis

Ole Ottosen (ot2sen)

Feb 21, 2012, 4:59:47 PM2/21/12
to transif...@googlegroups.com
Yes, has been working for some days. Just thought it was updated after I posted, so didnt report back

Cheers,

Ole