Newest version of our video on conscoiusenss.

Brent Allsop

Feb 19, 2021, 10:23:58 AM2/19/21
to transf...@googlegroups.com

We just released the newest version of our video on consciousness.
Would love to hear any thoughts!

Lincoln Cannon

Feb 19, 2021, 10:44:18 AM2/19/21
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brent. That’s interesting. I particularly enjoyed the segment from Wizard of Oz. Here are a few suggestions:

1) Simplify the title. Maybe this would work: “Consciousness: not a hard problem, just a color problem.”

2) Move the call to action (participating on Canonizer) to the end. It will probably be most effective when you’ve stopped providing all the info you want to provide. And it enables someone to act without feeling like they’re missing something that’s still coming.

3) Simplify the call to action. Ask the watcher to do one specific thing. And explain exactly how to do that one thing. This will probably improve the practical consequences of sharing the video.

--
To learn more about the Mormon Transhumanist Association, visit http://transfigurism.org
---

Brent Allsop

Feb 19, 2021, 11:19:30 AM2/19/21
to transf...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lincoln,
Thanks for that invaluable feedback.  I think we will switch to your proposed simpler name.
Let me discuss the issues with why I haven't used a simpler name like that, before now.
First of, if you say: "It's a color problem", if you are using rigorous language, it isn't a color problem at all.  We do know everything about color (i.e. what color of light do things reflect)
Lots of anti qualia people are going to say we are idiots, because we do know everything about light based color definitions.
If you are using rigorous, non-qualia blind terminology, It's really a colorness problem, not a color problem.
But, if we're going to say "intrinsic color" problem, instead of a colorness problem, we might just as well say it's "just a color problem".

Anyone else have any feed back on this?  What do you all think the best title would be?