ColdFusion Security Hotfix APSB12-21 and Transfer ORM/Javaloader

Dave

Sep 12, 2012, 12:35:09 AM9/12/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that Adobe has released a hotfix ( http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-security-hotfix-apsb12-21.html ) that:

"This Hot fix allows you to add getPageContext method in SandBox. For securing your applications, you should update ColdFusion sandbox to include this method to the list of disabled functions."

I notice that TransferORM uses getPageContext in the Javaloader in  "arguments.parentClassLoader = getPageContext().getClass().getClassLoader();"

So my questions are:
1. Does anyone know what this hot-fix actually addresses, and if we really need to apply it?
2. Can the Javaloader be re-factored to not need getPageContext().

Dave

Mark Mandel

Sep 12, 2012, 6:11:30 PM9/12/12
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Looking at it, the hotfix doesn't force you to lock down getPageContext(), so what happens if you do apply the hotfix, does it break anything?

Mark

Dave

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

E: mark....@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com