Class path problems

Bob Meininger

Jul 5, 2013, 9:33:53 AM7/5/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We're having some trouble with a strange error in our portal application. A couple of days a go a co-worker made a branch of the portal application, but he hasn't been able to get it working yet because of a 'returntype' error.

The returntype error has to do with the returning object not being of type 'model.user.IUser'. The object in question is a Transfer object with a decorator, whereas the decorator also implements an interface called IUser.

After removing the returntype from the respective function, the application seemed to be working so I went and checked out the Transfer object.

What I noticed was rather strange; the meta data of the object displayed that the object implemented the IUser interface but kept out the class path, which is model.user. After that I've put back the returntype on the function, but this time leaving the class path out( returntype="IUser" instead of returntype="model.user.IUser"). When I reloaded everything seemed to be working again.

The next step that I took was to inspect the decorator, but I couldn't find any problems here as the path was correct (model.user.IUser).

Also keep in mind that this application is working on multiple servers without problems. The only big difference between the trunk and this branch is that it finds itself a couple of folder levels deeper.

It seems like something is removing the class path from the implements attribute of the decorator on instantiation but I'm not sure if it is Transfer or Coldfusion (or magic).

If someone knows what this problem is or how to solve it, that would be great! : )

Kind regards,

Bob Meininger

Mark Mandel

Jul 8, 2013, 2:02:41 AM7/8/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like someone hasn't fully qualified a class path somewhere, and ColdFusion keeps messing up it's metadata, as it is sometimes want to do.

Mark

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "transfer-dev" group.

E: mark....@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

2 Devs from Down Under Podcast

Bob Meininger

Jul 8, 2013, 11:23:40 AM7/8/13
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

Now that you say it, it might be very plausible that Coldfusion is messing things up since the problem disappeared just like it appeared (although restarting Coldfusion didn't help).

Anyways, I will check out all components and see if there is anything missing and correct it if so.

Regards

Bob Meininger

PS: The Coldfusion version is 8 btw