Updated Transfer repository on Github

Brian G

Jul 13, 2014, 12:39:40 PM7/13/14
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Since I was deep in the guts of Transfer this week solving my xmlSearch() insanity, I have created a patched GitHub repository here:

https://github.com/ghidinelli/transfer

Here's what I've updated:

* Merged the pluggable_cache to be the master
* Worked around the xmlSearch() issue
* Added Railo 3/4 support patch as documented here
* Added try/catch around AOP firing
* My version of Transfer has a number of exclusive locking improvements that Mark and I worked on several years ago to reduce issues under load while starting up which were never in the SVN repo

I believe this repo is the best known version of Transfer and supports through Adobe ColdFusion 11 and Railo 4.  Given the number of existing projects that still rely on it, I think it will be beneficial to have a location that stays online. :)  Mark is going to send me the docs and I will put them into the Github pages alongside the code.

Brian

Matt Quackenbush

Jul 13, 2014, 1:16:34 PM7/13/14
to transf...@googlegroups.com

Nice work, Brian. While I no longer use Transfer myself, I know there are folks - aside from you, even (heh) - out there who still are. I love the spirit of open source software!

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "transfer-dev" group.

Mark Mandel

Jul 13, 2014, 7:56:13 PM7/13/14
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Nice work Brian!

I'll be working with Brian to make him the official maintainer, and hook everything up to make that easy for him to continue forward as he needs to.

Mark

Nando Breiter

Jul 14, 2014, 4:50:18 AM7/14/14
to transf...@googlegroups.com
While there may not be many developing new applications with Transfer, there are many more applications out there in use that need to be maintained, and certainly moved to more recent versions of Railo / ACF as older versions of these engines cease to be supported. I'm in fact adding a few enhancements to an app I built with Transfer right now. Many thanks to Brian for the effort he's put into the framework.

Nando Breiter

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano