Fwd: Pedestrian Advisory Committee - July 17th, 2018 *Agenda Attached*

AROW

Jul 16, 2018, 9:52:56 PM7/16/18
to AROW

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Portland Bureau of Transportation <PB...@public.govdelivery.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM
Subject: Pedestrian Advisory Committee - July 17th, 2018 *Agenda Attached*
To: in...@activerightofway.org

Email Title

Portland Bureau of Transportation

Hello Portlanders,

We hope this message finds you well and that you are finding ways to stay cool during these hot summer days. We have an exciting agenda for next week's Pedestrian Advisory Committee. We'll be hosting two presentations - the first focused on the I-5 Rose Quarter Project, and the second will be a presentation on the draft Alternative Pedestrian Walkways as part of PedPDX, the city's update to the 1998 Pedestrian Master Plan.

The meeting is being held on Tuesday night, July 17th, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm in the Pettygrove Room at City Hall (1221 SW 4th Ave).

As always, members of the public are always welcome to join - we hope to see you there!

Agenda:

6:00-6:30: Hot Topics/Announcements/Committee Business

  • Zach Katz moving to NYC - Zoe Klingmann will take his spot as a full member
  • Janine Gates taking short leave of absence September – December
  • Formal comment period for 2018 Regional Transportation Plan is now open through Aug 13. – PAC to write letter with support from PBOT staff, Mark Lear.
    • Find out more and explore an interactive map projects at oregonmetro.gov/2018projects
    • Take 10-15 minutes to answer the online survey with a high level summary of the plan.
  • E-Scooter pilot program will be launched by the end of July

6:30-7:10: I-5 Rose Quarter (40 min) | Caitlin Reff, PBOT; Megan Channell, ODOT

The I-5 Rose Quarter Improvement Project will make improvements to both local streets and I-5 in the Rose Quarter area to create a safer, more connected community that will keep everyone moving. The I-5 Rose Quarter Improvement Project was created by the local community, City of Portland and ODOT. After looking at more than 70 options, this concept was recommended to move forward to address longstanding traffic and connection issues in the area. The project builds new and improved travel options and community connections for everyone: people who walk, bike, drive or have disabilities, use local streets, take transit or use the highway. New connections across I-5 also support community and economic growth opportunities for north and northeast Portland while addressing safety concerns on Broadway/Weidler, a priority on the City’s High-Crash Network.

Key improvements on the local streets where we would like input from the PAC include:

  • A bicycle- and pedestrian-only bridge over I-5, from NE Clackamas Street to the Rose Quarter
  • New, upgraded pedestrian and bicycle paths in the area of Broadway/Weidler and Vancouver/Williams
  • Covers over the highway where bridges cross over I-5
  • Improved pedestrian and bicycle access to transit – Portland Streetcar, TriMet bus and MAX lines
  • A direct road connection and sidewalks over I-5 between N Hancock Street to N Dixon Street

7:10-7:50: Draft Alternative Pedestrian Walkways (40 min) | Nick Falbo, PBOT

As part of PedPDX, PBOT is exploring and refining alternative walkway treatments to serve pedestrian travel needs in areas where sidewalks do not exist, are not necessary, or are unlikely to be constructed in the near term. Staff will present on the toolkit of alternative pedestrian walkway treatments and seek feedback on the appropriateness of each treatment as described in terms of design and application. You can see the draft guidelines by following this link.

Key questions/issues for the PAC:

  • Are these designs appropriate in terms of design and application?

7:50-8:00: Public Comment/Action Items

  • Public comment/questions for committee
  • Action items/next meeting

The City of Portland complies with all non‐discrimination, Civil Rights laws including Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II. To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503-823-5185, TTY 503-823-6868 or Oregon Relay Service: 711 with such requests, or visit http://bit.ly/13EWaCg

Stay Connected with Portland Bureau of Transportation:

Porland OR

  Facebook Twitter Youtube Flickr Govdelivery

GovDelivery logo