[Bike to the Future] Bike to Work Day -- Friday June 22

1 view

Bike to the Future

Jun 15, 2012, 10:52:06 AM6/15/12
to Bike to the Future announcements
Next Friday June 22 is the 5th annual Bike to Work Day!
____________________________

1. MEC Bikefest Winnipeg (4th annual)
2. June Monthly Meeting minutes
3. Bike to Work Day 2012
4. BttF memberships / donations
____________________________

MEC Bikefest Winnipeg (4th annual)

Saturday June 16 (tomorrow) from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at The Forks Market Plaza.
There are many bicycle-related activities happening.

Details
____________________________

June Monthly Meeting minutes

Our June Monthly Meeting minutes have been posted.
____________________________

Bike to Work Day 2012

Friday June 22, 6:30 AM to 7:00 PM

We invite you to take to the streets and join thousands of commuters in cycling to work.

Stop by a Pit Stop from 6:30 to 9:00 AM on your way to work and get a boost with free snacks, bike tune ups, and refreshments. Over thirty community and corporate groups will welcome cyclists in the morning.

You can wind up your week with a BBQ at The Forks beginning at 3:30 PM, featuring local musical talent, free dinner, and your chance to win a brand new Schwinn bicycle or a bike trailer from Chariot Trailers.

We strive to promote the bicycle as every day transportation. We advocate for improved cycling infrastructure, safe cycling conditions when sharing the road, active transportation, our health, our environment, and our pocket books.  If you want to add your voice to ours and increase the volume of our message, please
register for Bike to Work Day, even if you bike to work everyday, or can't take advantage of all of the day's activities. If you support cycling, we need your support.

Pit Stops

When you visit a Bike to Work Day Pit Stop, you will be offered free snacks and refreshments (while supplies last), which you can enjoy while your hosts pump your tires or lube your chain. Each Pit Stop is unique, and some feature prize giveaways or live entertainment. Plan your route on Bike to Work Day to stop by a few Pit Stops and make the most of your day.

Bike to Work Day Pit Stop locations

This year there is also a Pit Stop at The Forks that is open from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (the time between the close of all other Pit Stops and the start of the BBQ at The Forks).

Your last chance to
register for Bike to Work Day is at one of the Pit Stops.

Group Ride

Join us in Assiniboine Park at the foot bridge at 7:00 AM for our Group Ride to Downtown, led by experienced riders. The route:
  • Along Wellington Crescent. Cross the Assiniboine River at Omand’s Creek Park. Stop at the Pit Stop in Omand's Creek Park (hosted by the Wolseley Resident's Association and Olympia Cycle & Ski Portage).
  • Along Wolseley Ave and Balmoral St, through Mostyn Park, under the Osborne Bridge to the Legislative grounds. Stop at CAA Manitoba's Pit Stop.
  • Along the cycle track on Assiniboine Ave to the Pit Stop at Bonnycastle Park (hosted by Northwest Company / Giant Tiger).
  • Along Fort St, York Ave, and Waterfront Drive to The Forks (City TV's Pit Stop), arriving at ~8:15 AM.
MPI's Bike to Work Day pledge to The WRENCH

Manitoba Public Insurance has pledged $.50 to the Winnipeg Repair Education and Cycling Hub (The WRENCH) per registered Bike to Work Day participant to support The WRENCH's vital work in the Winnipeg cycling community. MPI has pledged to donate up to $2000 (4000 riders)! Now it is more important than ever to
register for Bike to Work Day.

Count yourself in! Make cycling count!
___

Please register for Bike to Work Day today, or register at a Pit Stop on your way to work on Friday June 22.

Like us on Facebook. Spread the word!

biketoworkdaywinnipeg.org

BttF memberships / donations

Although we have changed our memberships from annual to lifetime (primarily to relieve an administrative burden), we encourage BttF members to consider making an annual donation to BttF by re-purchasing a membership.

Get involved, become a member, donate

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Secretary
biketothefuture.org