Sanity Ballast - Quotes of Perspective?

Brad

Dec 21, 2010, 11:07:39 AM12/21/10
to Trans-Iowa
All,

I read a fair amount and have recently found myself applying
(justifying / rationalizing?) quotes I come across towards my
decision / motivation to undertake my virgin Trans-Iowa foray.
Following are two:

"it would not be an easy decision to make. But obviously it was worth
it - temporary pain for lasting benefits. It's a question of whether
you have the guts to take the pain." -Henry Wallich

"What's the subject of life - to get rich? All of those fellows out
there getting rich might be dancing around the real subject of life."
-Paul Volcker

Curious if others are finding solace in similar ways?

I'm looking forward to building a lot of new friendships in my growing
cadre of unbalanced cyclist buddies.

Happy Holidays and best wishes with the lonely, cold winter bike
slogs,
Brad

Bicycletorch

Dec 31, 2010, 11:02:51 AM12/31/10
to Trans-Iowa
Something to the effect of:

"No wind is of service to him that is bound for nowhere." - Proverb

or

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming."-
Matthew Arnold

I am really hoping to test that first one (hopefully it will be a
service and not a detriment).
Although it isn't that I won't be bound for nowhere, I just
won't know where I will be going.