Red Options

jastra...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 10:26:36 PM7/11/16
to Trans America Trail
Are any of the "Red Option" trails passable by 4x4? We are going to be doing the trail in August in a Toyota FJ and are curious as to which routes to avoid. I was looking at some of the red options and they appear to be single track. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

h8s...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2017, 5:59:29 PM4/26/17
to Trans America Trail, jastra...@gmail.com
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 10:26:36 PM UTC-4, jastra...@gmail.com wrote:
> Are any of the "Red Option" trails passable by 4x4? We are going to be doing the trail in August in a Toyota FJ and are curious as to which routes to avoid. I was looking at some of the red options and they appear to be single track. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
North Carolina red sections are good except one short section near Candor. The Blue section will be a problem too but a get around is easy enough on asphalt.

Harmon Den Rd east of I-40 is just a dirt gravel road, why it is marked red I haven't a clue except it continues over the Catalocchee Hwy.