TAT Planning Questions

Randy F

Nov 14, 2016, 9:02:19 PM11/14/16
to Trans America Trail
Hi,
I am looking at doing the TAT from East to West in 2017. I will start in NC and end in Oregon.  Here are a couple questions I have in my planning:

[1] What time of year in best to tackle the TAT?

[2] Do most people camp?  Or do they use motels along the way?  Or do they do both?

[3] Will one set of tires last the entire trip or do you need to plan on a replacement somewhere along the way?   Running Hiedenau K60s on my KTM 1190 Adventure.

[4] Is there any way to find other riders who are planning trips to team-up with along the way?  I can do it alone but I'm sure there is some safety in numbers.

Thanks in Advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Randy

jmmil...@email.wilkescc.edu

Jan 1, 2017, 3:12:00 PM1/1/17
to Trans America Trail
Randy,

A friend and I are completing this in Summer 2017 as well. You can reach out to me via e-mail if you're interested in tagging along. We're both riding BRPs (XR650R)

Cheers,

John

randyh...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2017, 10:23:50 PM1/22/17
to Trans America Trail
Hey Randy, I'm Randy also.
I'm looking to do this same route this year also. Looking at August for the trip and likely riding the Blue route on this site.
I would love to exchange info and if your schedule fits a August run let me know.

Randy F

Feb 8, 2017, 1:35:08 PM2/8/17
to Trans America Trail, randyh...@gmail.com
Can you send me a private message at randy...@gmail.com so we can discuss?