Travel Advisory on Sam's TAT site

randyh...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2016, 10:17:28 PM4/26/16
to Trans America Trail
Evidently there are some folks using your gps tracks and getting into some trouble for going on private property. I have a group leaving in mid august this year and we don't want to go somewhere where we don't belong. Can you advise us on what is "off limits" on your tracks? Is it the red tracks? We are planning on using your tracks but just don't want to get into any trouble. Do the "blue route" tracks follow Sams TAT route exactly? Thanks, Randy

Derek Grubb

Apr 30, 2016, 10:15:41 AM4/30/16
to Trans America Trail, randyh...@gmail.com
we will probably pass each other somewhere.  9 of us are doing it backwards.  see ya on the mountains...

sheril...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2016, 12:59:06 PM7/23/16
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:17:28 PM UTC-5, randyh...@gmail.com wrote:
> Evidently there are some folks using your gps tracks and getting into some trouble for going on private property. I have a group leaving in mid august this year and we don't want to go somewhere where we don't belong. Can you advise us on what is "off limits" on your tracks? Is it the red tracks? We are planning on using your tracks but just don't want to get into any trouble. Do the "blue route" tracks follow Sams TAT route exactly? Thanks, Randy

So, why didn't you buy from Sam to avoid the inevitable citations, and legal hassles, of winding up on private land? Not that mention the fact that you don't know how many other sections of this 'free route may go onto private land. Given the cost of legal troubles for riding on private property, your trip could wind up costing you love re money and hassle. Just a thought.

h8s...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2016, 9:55:00 PM7/25/16
to Trans America Trail, randyh...@gmail.com, sheril...@gmail.com

Ultimately the rider is solely responsible and accountable their actions. Not Sam nor Kevin just you. No one knows when mother nature will change things for the worse or, when route/roads get sold or repaired.

There are sections for current riders to update (almost real time) what they are experiencing while on the trail when they can get Wi-Fi or internet service. THis might help those riders directly behind them but more importantly; it should serve as a history file for us that show up later in the year. Gathering the information and printing it out is a good way to have some current info on the trails ahead.

rand...@hotmail.com

Aug 14, 2016, 12:02:18 AM8/14/16
to Trans America Trail, randyh...@gmail.com, sheril...@gmail.com

rand...@hotmail.com

Aug 14, 2016, 12:04:48 AM8/14/16
to Trans America Trail, randyh...@gmail.com, sheril...@gmail.com
On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 12:59:06 PM UTC-4, sheril...@gmail.com wrote:

Well, for your information, we did purchase Sam's route and are planning on doing a little of both. We will sit down every night and decide what we want to do the next day. We purchased Sam's route because "money was no object" and we don't mind supporting someone that put so much effort into laying out the route. Randy