How to set seed length

dario.ka...@googlemail.com

Mar 13, 2017, 9:31:22 AM3/13/17
to Trans-ABySS
Dear all,

I am getting an error message from Trans–ABySS saying:

warning: the seed-length should be at least twice k: k=32, s=32

I have neither set a value for k (hence the default k=32), nor for for s, but considering the warning I would like to.

Could anyone tell me which flag to use for this?
And is there a complete user manual for Trans–ABySS 1.5.5 somewhere?

Cheers,
Dario

Ka Ming Nip

Mar 13, 2017, 2:02:40 PM3/13/17
to trans...@googlegroups.com
The seed size is set to `k' on purpose. It is not an error.

Ka Ming
--
Ka Ming Nip
Graduate Student | Dr. Inanc Birol Lab (BTL)
Mar 16, 2017, 9:08:57 AM3/16/17
to Trans-ABySS
Dear Ka Ming,

thanks for your reply!

So should I just ignore the warning I posted?

What about a user manual for version 1.5.5?

Cheers, Dario
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to trans-abyss...@googlegroups.com<mailto:trans-abyss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.

Ka Ming Nip

Mar 16, 2017, 7:36:27 PM3/16/17
to trans...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario,

Yes, please ignore that warning message from ABySS.

We have a wiki on GitHub:
https://github.com/bcgsc/transabyss/wiki

Hope that helps!

Ka Ming

--
Ka Ming Nip
Graduate Student | Dr. Inanc Birol Lab (BTL)
Canada's Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre

dario.ka...@googlemail.com

Mar 21, 2017, 7:38:29 AM3/21/17
to Trans-ABySS
Thank you very much for your help! :)