in silico read normalization

Benedikt Athmer

May 3, 2018, 12:00:18 PM5/3/18
to Trans-ABySS
Dear Trans-ABySS team,

I'm working on Illumina 2x150 PE reads (300 Mio.) and I would like to know how can I perform an in-silico normalization to reduce the amount of computational demand.
It is possible to use the Trinity in-silico normalization using 25-kmer length to reduce the number of reads?

Best regads,

Benedikt

Ka Ming Nip

May 3, 2018, 12:37:37 PM5/3/18
to trans...@googlegroups.com
You may use that or you could just run diginorm from the khmer package:
http://khmer-protocols.readthedocs.io/en/latest/mrnaseq/2-diginorm.html

Ka Ming
--
Ka Ming Nip
Graduate Student | Dr. Inanc Birol Lab (BTL)