In stall transabyss error: ImportError: site-packages/igraph/_igraph.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

clin...@umn.edu

Dec 27, 2017, 12:54:43 AM12/27/17
to Trans-ABySS

Hello,

I tried to install transabyss on the server of our university.
I installed the python-igraph pip. I also installed abyss, blat. I use python 2.7.6.
However, when I try to run the ./transabyss in the software dir.  I got error:
clingyun@node0003 [~/biosofts/transabyss-master] % ./transabyss
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./transabyss", line 18, in <module>
    from utilities.adj_utils import has_edges
  File "/panfs/roc/groups/0/yangya/clingyun/biosofts/transabyss-master/utilities/adj_utils.py", line 7, in <module>
    import igraph
  File "/home/yangya/clingyun/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/igraph/__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
    from igraph._igraph import *
ImportError: /home/yangya/clingyun/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/igraph/_igraph.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

Could you please help me?
Thanks for any help.

Best wishes,

Chen Lingyun

Ka Ming Nip

Jan 2, 2018, 5:58:38 PM1/2/18
to trans...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I am on vacation.

It looks like there is a problem with importing the igraph library in Python.

Can you test to see if you can import igraph from the Python console?

$ python
>>> import igraph

If you get an error here, then that means the igraph library was not install properly.

Thanks,
Ka Ming

--
Ka Ming Nip
Graduate Student | Dr. Inanc Birol Lab (BTL)