Invitation to Spinning Dreams; Documentary about Tour de Timor

Veronica Yow

Feb 15, 2011, 8:57:58 AM2/15/11
to Trampoline Melbourne
Hi everyone,

Every now and then, you come accross something that truly inspires you
- something that you know you need to be a part of - something
special. That's what I felt like when I met the GoneCyclin Foundation
from Singapore.

GONE CYCLIN’ is founded by a group of young people living in the
corporate world - who wanted to make a difference to the world, and
inspire other young people to do the same!

To take a break from the desk job - and get out into the world,
challenge themselves - and give something back to our earth and our
neighbours in developing countries so - joined two UNTRAINED cyclists
in the TOUGHEST BIKE RACE IN THE WORLD; The Tour De Timor!

The journey was life-changing - challenging - devastating - and
exciting. The spirit of East Timor was so inspirational - even through
the areas most affected by poverty, malnutrition and grief from an
horrific history - every village burst into life as the teams cycled
past - waiving, cheering, while celebrating their independence, and
mostly their PRIDE at hosting such an incredible event. Catch the
Trailer here:

http://spinningdreams.latenitefilms.com/trailer/

The aim? To raise over SGD 50 000 for TIMOR AID!

We would love to invite you to COME and JOIN THE EXPERIENCE of these
riders via the documentary screening of SPINNING DREAMS on 26th Feb
7pm at Shed4 Docklands! There will be Timorese Culture and Artwork on
display, LIVE music from the bands which contributed to the Soundtrack
of the Documentary (Poca La Pax, The Parking Lot Experiments, Beth
King and the Hemingway Collective....) and an Auction of traditional
"Tais" made from the women weavers of Timor Leste working with Timor
Aid and photography of Timor Leste. Cyclists get a cheaper entry if
they bike to the venue!

Please help us make this event something to remember forever - 100% of
the proceeds go DIRECTLY into our cause - Timor Aid - To help women
"weavers" in remote communities receive training and education -
creating confidence and hope for future generations!

Info at: www.spinningdreamsmovie.com

Cheers,