This has to be the last test version for sure!

Andy Botting

Dec 20, 2010, 10:02:40 AM12/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hot off the press, v0.7 test 5.

http://tramhunter.googlecode.com/files/TramHunter-0.7.0-test5.apk

Lots of minor tweaks and fixes. One notable inclusion is we have a
Tram Network Map, which replaces 'Enter Stop ID' on the dashboard
menu.

I think its about time this sucker finally went to the market!

cheers,

Andy

James Barker

Dec 20, 2010, 6:26:20 PM12/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Looking good Andy.
How many people use it now?

Matt Byrne

Dec 20, 2010, 9:23:59 PM12/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Ah ... just spoke to James since we're now working 2 desks apart and he realises this version isn't in the market yet. He was just asking how many users are currently using TramHunter in general. You got the stats at hand?

Andy Botting

Dec 21, 2010, 2:09:07 AM12/21/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com

Nearly 10,000 installs. I checked about 12 hours ago, and it was sitting on about 97,900.

Active installs is about 68%, which has been slowly dropping.

I made a few changes to the graphs generated on the web site, so it now shows network operator names instead of numbers. They're pretty interesting!

How about that Network Map? Pretty cool huh?

Ozgreg

Dec 21, 2010, 5:29:52 AM12/21/10
to tramhunter
Andy,

Sorry for the delay in testing it been an interesting few weeks..

Like the Network Tram Map, however interesting for me the pinch to
zoom on the map does not work however the +/- work a treat.

Guessing the different coloured pins did not make the cut ;)
(Demanding Arn't I).. :-)

Looks good, I got a FC while running it, I wonder however if that was
due to the initial upgrade / load as it been rock solid since..

Any chance of SD Move to Card support?? :-)

Thanks Andy, it is clear you have worked very hard on this release and
it is a fine effort..

Greg

On Dec 21, 6:09 pm, Andy Botting <a...@andybotting.com> wrote:
> Nearly 10,000 installs. I checked about 12 hours ago, and it was sitting on
> about 97,900.
>
> Active installs is about 68%, which has been slowly dropping.
>
> I made a few changes to the graphs generated on the web site, so it now
> shows network operator names instead of numbers. They're pretty interesting!
>
> How about that Network Map? Pretty cool huh?
>  On 20/12/2010 11:26 PM, "James Barker" <jarbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Looking good Andy.
> > How many people use it now?
>
> > On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Andy Botting <a...@andybotting.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Hot off the press, v0.7 test 5.
>
> >>http://tramhunter.googlecode.com/files/TramHunter-0.7.0-test5.apk
>
> >> Lots of minor tweaks and fixes. One notable inclusion is we have a
> >> Tram Network Map, which replaces 'Enter Stop ID' on the dashboard
> >> menu.
>
> >> I think its about time this sucker finally went to the market!
>
> >> cheers,
>
> >> Andy
>
> >> --
>
> <tramhunter%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<tramhunter%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

James Barker

Dec 21, 2010, 5:43:50 AM12/21/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
the maps is very cool!

Andy Botting

Dec 21, 2010, 5:59:54 AM12/21/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg, good to hear from you.

> Sorry for the delay in testing it been an interesting few weeks..

No probs!

> Like the Network Tram Map, however interesting for me the pinch to
> zoom on the map does not work however the +/- work a treat.

Yeah, pinch to zoom might come later.

> Guessing the different coloured pins did not make the cut ;)
> (Demanding Arn't I)..  :-)

You sure are :) It'll come eventually.. it's just a bit messy

> Looks good, I got a FC while running it, I wonder however if that was
> due to the initial upgrade / load as it been rock solid since..

The FC was probably because of some underlying DB changes. I've done a
bit of testing, so upgrading from market releases should be fine.

> Any chance of SD Move to Card support?? :-)

I've had a few people mention the SD card thing. I'm running
CyanogenMod on my phones, and it seems to work fine. Is it not working
for you guys?

cheers

ozgreg

Dec 21, 2010, 3:22:20 PM12/21/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com

On 21/12/2010 9:59 PM, Andy Botting wrote:
> Any chance of SD Move to Card support?? :-)
> I've had a few people mention the SD card thing. I'm running
> CyanogenMod on my phones, and it seems to work fine. Is it not working
> for you guys?
>

> cheers

Andy,

Froyo SD Support is not working for me.. I wonder if you are using the
old 2.x A2SD method which I think is actually better than Native
Froyo.. You have enabled it in the manifest?

Greg

Andy Botting

Dec 22, 2010, 4:04:39 AM12/22/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

I think maybe CyanogenMod just enables it regardless of whether its in
the manifest or not.

Anyway, I found the option, and have now added it, but I had to change
the API version from 4 to 8. I did a test a test on my Android 1.5
phone, and it still seems to fire up ok.

I think we have a winner for the market then :)

cheers

ozgreg

Dec 22, 2010, 4:52:29 AM12/22/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
As one bird said to the other, lets get the flock out of here..

Release the hounds mate.. :)

Andy Botting

Dec 22, 2010, 5:01:49 AM12/22/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed two comments in the market for the 22nd - basically
saying that the app was only returning "Error".

Have you guys seen any problems?

ozgreg

Dec 22, 2010, 5:19:28 AM12/22/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
No my apps works fine (just tested it) .. but it could easily be the
Yarra Trams API returning an error..

Andy Botting

Dec 22, 2010, 5:23:46 AM12/22/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
New version now in the Market!

Thanks for your help everybody!

logger

Jan 12, 2011, 10:28:18 PM1/12/11
to tramhunter
Does Tramhunter use the exact same schedule info feed as TramTracker
on the iphone? Or is one more up to date than the other. Can it do
anything that the iphone app cannot? Just curious and wanted to be
able tell a friend with an iphone that the android app is better.

James Barker

Jan 12, 2011, 10:38:41 PM1/12/11
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

The times are the same (as they come from the same service provided by Yarra Trams)

As for functionality, I'm not so sure.  I do know the iPhone has an icon for the Yellow 96 Bumble Bee Tram, where as the Android App doesn't yet.

James.

Andy Botting

Jan 13, 2011, 4:12:02 AM1/13/11
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
To be honest, I haven't used the iPhone Tram Tracker very much. I've
got a 1G model iPod touch that I fire it up on occasionally to just
make sure Tram Hunter is doing the right thing.

I'm probably just biased, but I've always felt that the TramTracker
interface is really clunky and a bit difficult to navigate. Also I've
never had the chance to give it a real-world test, because I'm in
London.

One stand out difference between the two is that we're open source. It
doesn't mean anything to most people, but it does mean that anybody
can take the source code and build their own version, or add some
specific functionality.

cheers,

Andy