Tram Hunter v0.8 Test 1

Andy Botting

Jan 21, 2011, 6:07:15 AM1/21/11
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Time for another release.

This time, it's just some minor updates.

- Force Close fix for some devices
Looks like the way that Tram Hunter copies its pre-created database
into position silently fails to copy on new HTC devices like the
Desire HD and Desire Z. I still don't know why.. but I worked with a
few guys who are using my other app 'Tube Chaser' to get this ironed
out. Seems by copying the DB to the SD card instead, it works fine. So
npw, it tries the SD Card first, and if that fails for any reason, it
tries the internal storage.

- Special Event message now an OK dialog
Before, when a special event is happening on a route or stop, we'd
just pop a toast with the message given my Yarra Trams. Now, I'm using
a dialog with an OK button so users have time to read it. The logic
also says that it should only be shown on first request of information
for a stop. Subsequent refreshes will not show the message.

- Fix for Network Map force close (Out of Memory)
The network map is still a bit fragile, and can cause OOM errors. I
put a little fix in to buffer the image into some temporary storage
before showing it to hopefully fix this error, but I'm not sure if
it's working properly or not.

Anyway, for your testing pleasure:

http://tramhunter.googlecode.com/files/TramHunter-0.8-test1.apk

For the next version, I'm looking at including re-arrangeable
favourites. I've had a few requests for it now, and I've found some
example code, so should be a no-brainer once I get a bit of time.
Someone mentioned listing favourites by proximity also. It doesn't
seem like a bad idea, but it would probably be off by default, and
enabled by a check box. Thoughts?

cheers,

Andy

Andy Botting

Jan 24, 2011, 4:00:57 PM1/24/11
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
I got a few reports from users interested in being able to re-arrange
their favourite stops. The favourite stops list now has a 'handle'
next to each item, which lets you drag and drop it into whichever
position you like.

http://tramhunter.googlecode.com/files/TramHunter-0.8-test2.apk

I never really thought people would have that many favourites, but
seems I was wrong. Anyway, it's kinda cool.

cheers