Widgets...

2 просмотра

Ozgreg

не прочитано,
15 июл. 2010 г., 00:46:2815.07.2010
– tramhunter
All,

To put it bluntly I cannot see how a widget will be useful unless such
a widget is poll constrained to only work between certain times
otherwise this app is going to send a LOT of traffic to the Yarra
Trams's API which I am thinking is seriously not a good idea..

Maybe I am missing something here and I love widgets but having a
widget getting tram info all the time is kind of pointless unless you
are constantly getting a tram which clearly you are not going to be..

I am struggling with how in the heck would the widget know when it
should be polling etc.. I *could* see a potential widget for service
information but even then I would strongly suggest that should be
limited to polling for service information during a certain time
period..

The last thing I would want to see is Yarra Trams blocking this app
because we got 1000 phones all polling the API to collect tram
information that 99% of the day we are not going to need...

Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений