Tram Hunter v0.6

Andy Botting

Sep 17, 2010, 12:02:30 PM9/17/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Got another version of Tram Hunter which needs a quick spin before
releasing to the market.

The changes are:
* Added a star in stop lists for stops that are marked as 'favourite'
* Fixed clock issue for handsets which have their time set wrong
showing bad times for approaching trams.

If you get time, please test it out. Shouldn't be any regressions, as
it's just minor changes.

http://tramhunter.googlecode.com/files/tramhunter-v0.6-test1.apk

Send your feedback over and I'll put it in the market in a few days,
post testing.

cheers

Ozgreg

Sep 17, 2010, 9:28:47 PM9/17/10
to tramhunter
Andy,

Stars are looking good and I already (sorry mate) found two bugs..

A) If you favourite (or unfavourite) a stop on the Nearest Stop
screen, you have to exit the screen, select nearby stops before you
see (remove) the star..
B) I can see Terminus Stops (Outbound) on the nearest Stops List..
(Which is the bad bug because if you select the stop) the API returns
NULL (Already been Discussed)..

Tested against TramTracker on the Iphone so the tram data looks good

Again Love your work..

Thanks

Andy Botting

Sep 18, 2010, 4:37:02 AM9/18/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

> A) If you favourite (or unfavourite) a stop on the Nearest Stop
> screen, you have to exit the screen, select nearby stops before you
> see (remove) the star..

So it doesn't automatically update when you tap-hold and favourite/unfavourite?

I wasn't going to bother implementing that, but maybe I should. I'll
have a think about it.

> B) I can see Terminus Stops (Outbound) on the nearest Stops List..
> (Which is the bad bug because if you select the stop) the API returns
> NULL (Already been Discussed)..

This is only on the nearest stops list? From London, I get the end of
Route 59, which seems to do it alright. I can see both directions for
stop 57 and 58, but only city-bound for 59 at the end.

Which case are you seeing?

cheers,

Andy

ozgreg

Sep 18, 2010, 9:40:16 PM9/18/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hiya Andy,

Sadly no it does not update when you tap and hold (add / remove) favourite..

For me, Route 67, I can see stop 68 (Terminus) From City.

If you select this stop the API will return Null (Blank).

It looks like Yarra Trams have coded these stops as 8xxx so maybe
suggest filter all stops >= 8000 from the nearby stop list?

Again thanks..

Andy Botting

Sep 20, 2010, 4:53:15 AM9/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

I've got it now updating the lists dynamically. Was quite simple in the end.

So, it seems we were filtering the terminus stops in most of the stop
lists, except the nearest stop list. Not sure why it seemed to work
alright for me, but I've got another test build for you.

http://tramhunter.googlecode.com/files/tramhunter-v0.6-test2.apk

This will now dynamically update lists when you favourite a stop, and
should hopefully fix the terminus stop problem. I'm having a little
trouble testing it from here, so let me know how it goes.

cheers

ozgreg

Sep 20, 2010, 7:55:48 AM9/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Andy,

Your the man.. Both issues now fixed (I can no longer see the terminus)
and love the dynamic lists update..

Checked the nearby stops / tram times against the iphone tram tracker
and all looks good..

I think it is ready for release unless someone feels otherwise?

Andy Botting

Sep 20, 2010, 8:29:10 AM9/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think it's probably ok.

I haven't actually heard anything from anyone on the list about
testing the latest version though.

I did get an email from someone who wanted to be able to assign a
'nickname' to a stop, and have it show up with a different colour to
stand out. I'm thinking I might leave that for the next version
though.