Tram Hunter v0.5 - test 1

Andy Botting

Aug 19, 2010, 7:53:03 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Here for your testing pleasure is Tram Hunter v0.5.

The most notable part of this new version is tram icons representing
the actual class of tram approaching. There is a checkbox to
enable/disable it, but it is enabled by default.

Thanks to Matt for getting all the info and some base images.

As usual, if you find any problems, msg the mailing list or file a bug
in the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/tramhunter/issues/list

cheers

Andy Botting

Aug 19, 2010, 7:54:09 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
> Here for your testing pleasure is Tram Hunter v0.5.

Here's the link, btw
http://code.google.com/p/tramhunter/downloads/detail?name=tramhunter-v0.5-test1.apk

cheers

Matt Byrne

Aug 19, 2010, 8:11:55 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Nice work Andy. It looks really good!

Edgar Mirantz Tan

Aug 19, 2010, 8:49:55 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

I was wondering if the tram images could be in colour, like the tramtracker app.

Regards,

Edgar Mirantz Tan

Andy Botting

Aug 19, 2010, 8:53:51 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
H Edgar,

> I was wondering if the tram images could be in colour, like the tramtracker
> app.

Yeah, they could be, but it was just a whole lot easier to do simple black ones.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting in some colour ones if somebody
wanted to make some.

cheers

James Barker

Aug 19, 2010, 8:57:48 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Good work Andy!

András Nemes

Aug 19, 2010, 9:15:56 AM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com

Awesome work. Will look into this app dev when I get some time next month.

James Barker

Aug 19, 2010, 6:55:06 PM8/19/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com

Not sure if my last email sent. New version upgraded no probs. It's still simple to use. Nice work. James

On 19 Aug 2010 21:53, "Andy Botting" <an...@andybotting.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> Here for your t...

Andy Botting

Aug 20, 2010, 2:48:15 AM8/20/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jimmy.

If nobody has found any problems with it, i'll put it in the market then.

Thanks for testing guys ;)

logger

Aug 27, 2010, 7:13:53 PM8/27/10
to tramhunter
Thanks for the 0.5 update. I am enjoying the new icons. Not specific
to this version I suppose, but I just noticed something I thouhgt I'd
pass on. There is currently track work on my route (16). So TH pops a
message describing this. The message only remains visible for ~3
seconds which is not long enough to take in what it says on one
cycle. >>>Could you PLS consider extending the display time of these
pop ups.<<< I have a Nexus Phone on os 2.2.

Yesterday morning on same route was about to drop daughter at stop for
tram to school. TH showed next trams were 30, 38 and 45 minutes away
when they should have been there now!!! WTF.. A glance down
Glenferrie road showed no trams in sight - so there must have been an
accident blockage somewhere. So armed with this info I drove my
daughter to school. Traffic was great cos no trams ;-) Anyway the
info on TH gave me the heads up. As I passed the stops I saw all the
kids waiting for delayed trams. Perhpas they were looking at the
iPhone app and wondering were the mythical trams on its static
timetable were ;-)

Andy Botting

Aug 28, 2010, 10:07:53 AM8/28/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it's on my todo list. Getting a popup was just a stop-gap until I got a change to build some real UI stuff.

That's nice that it saved you the trouble.. I wasn't sure how well it would work in real life, but it seems that Yarra Trams do a pretty good job of keeping the times updated.

cheers,

Andy

Edgar Mirantz Tan

Aug 28, 2010, 12:02:04 PM8/28/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com
Think there's a bug (correct me if I'm wrong).

As there were track works along the corner of La Trobe & Swanston Street in the city, tram replacement buses were running. When I loaded up the Arts Center tram stop (stop 14) where the trams would resume running, the pop-up regarding the disruption came up. However, there wasn't any tram information timings. When I used another tram stop (Stop 20, Domain Interchange), the same message came up, and there wasn't any other next tram timings as well.

When I used tram tracker on the iphone, the notice came up, but there was still the next tram arrival timing.

Regards,

Edgar Mirantz Tan

Andy Botting

Aug 27, 2010, 12:25:35 PM8/27/10
to tramh...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Edgar. Looks like I might have a logic error then.

Would you mind adding a entry in our issue tracker?

Cheers