SwimRun Anyone?

Bill Guddeck

Dec 17, 2019, 5:31:40 PM12/17/19
to Trail Monster Running
For the last couple of months, I've been lightly searching for a partner for the Cole Classic SwimRun in August. (Thanks Keri for asking around!) So far...well, I'm writing this right? Anyhow, prices are hiking again on Jan 19th so that's my new deadline for wrangling up a willing, or somewhat reluctant, participant.

Check it out:

Looks super fun and awesome, right!?! And you're thinking that you need to be a part of this, right!?!

Me too! So...

Are there any Trail Monsters out there who want to swim in their running shoes!?!
Who want to swim out into the briny deep and run across the islands of Casco Bay all while being tethered together!?!

......(crickets)......

???

Come on, don't leave me hangin'...

Small print:

I'm looking at the Long Course, but I'd consider the short course as well (It's shorter, and cheaper, but potentially less epic.)

Admittedly, this race is a bit on the pricey side.

I'm hoping to be averaging 8.5min/mile on the runs and 25min/mile on the swims. But I honestly have no idea what to expect and to be a good teammate, I'm okay going a bit slower and/or pushing a bit faster.

tentatively, while I don't presume to be a coach, if your on the fence and swimming's your hold up, I'd be happy to offer some training assistance (even though I feel kind of ridiculous typing that)

So, SwimRun anyone?

Sincerely,

Bill
aka the guy who brings the coffee

(PS no hard feelings)

Bill Guddeck

Jan 9, 2020, 11:05:27 AM1/9/20
to Trail Monster Running
Actually, looks like that price jump deadline is sooner than I previously thought. Um so yeah, it's really this Sunday the 12th...

I think I had the snowshoe race on my mind when I typed the 19th. Hopefully, you are all ready to SNOWSHOE!

So if you were considering joining in on the awesome SwimRun event, maybe consider a little faster. :-)