Uganda

A Sarra

May 29, 2024, 9:44:01 AMMay 29
to Tracks4Africa
Hello everyone

We are planning to visit Uganda, obviously Gorillas, in December this year.

We have read Lonely Planet, we have seen some posts, but there is not much about going to Uganda or who to make some reservations with.

We have seen that some of you were asking about "Self Drive Uganda", we have already sent them an email to contact them and get an idea of ​​everything.

What do we need?

Any advice, any travel contacts you have in Uganda, we would like to go on our own, knowing that in some parks we need and have to book with the authorities directly or through a travel agency.

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

K Ben

May 30, 2024, 8:26:31 AMMay 30
to Tracks4Africa
Hi Sara,

in 2015 we rented a car from www.roadtripafrica.com. Everything went fine. I do not know how they work today.
If you need cheap camping accommodation in Fort Portal, ask here: www.yesuganda.org. The area is quiet, a beautiful garden and they run a charity (which we also support). There is also a small hotel right next door, the Rwenzori View Guesthouse.

Knut