Output 276cx Lesotho 18.6.24.gdb

Mitch Sowden

Jun 19, 2024, 5:54:22 AMJun 19
to tracks...@googlegroups.com
Dear T4A,

Apologies its been a while since I submitted data and this is not highly accurate as I have not really fully adjusted to my new 276cx but I want to send you some new Lesotho data.

We took a sloth type drive across Lesotho starting at the Caledonspoort Border to Sani via the A1. I note the following:

1. The road to Kao mine off the A1 after Afriski (before Letseng) is now tar, at least the start of it is, which would be a great way to access Katse from that side but I don't know the road condition beyond the mine. (suspect it is still hard core but its been years since I travelled that way)
2. The previous track to Sani from Mokhotlong is now tar and the previous +2 hr trip is about 20 min. Its still marked as gravel on T4A.

I have personal observations about the tourist trap going on at Sani top but I guess business is business so I will not comment on that other than that I truly believe a serious accident on the pass will result soon due to the congestion of vehicles, cycles, pedestrians with varying skills / attitudes etc that will drive the tar completion of the last few meters up the pass and put paid to the debate.

Hope this is useful,

Kind Regards,

Mitch

Jun 19, 2024, 5:57:24 AMJun 19
to Mitch Sowden, Tracks4Africa
Hallo Mitch,

Thank you very much for this - next time you can send it on to new...@tracks4africa.co.za, but I will forward this one today!

The email actually went to the T4A Forum :-)

Regards/Groete

Lizette

Lizette Swart

To STOP getting T4A Mail, make sure that you are sending mail from the SAME ADDRESS that you used when you joined the T4A list and then click on this link:
mailto:tracks4afric...@googlegroups.com
If that does NOT work, then please try mailto:mode...@tracks4africa.co.za

---