Accomodation Limpopo NP -> Giriyundo towards Mapai

jeroen.dalemans

Jun 18, 2024, 4:32:07 AMJun 18
to Tracks4Africa
Hi,
I need proof of accommodation in Limpopo NP  in order to get exempted from VISA (Belgian passpoort)
Anybody info on the accomodation in Limpopo NP ? Not Massingir but Nort up to Mapai
thx

Lizette Swart

Jun 18, 2024, 4:45:05 AMJun 18
to jeroen.dalemans, Tracks4Africa
Hallo Jeroen,

Speak to Dumela Wilderness, lovely camp to stay at and they're very helpful

And in Mapai, Casa Buffalo has been very helpful in the past: https://tracks4africa.co.za/listings/item/w398713/casa-bufalo-mapai/ - only lodging, no camping.

Lizette

Regards/Groete

Lizette

Lizette Swart

To STOP getting T4A Mail, make sure that you are sending mail from the SAME ADDRESS that you used when you joined the T4A list and then click on this link:
mailto:tracks4afric...@googlegroups.com
If that does NOT work, then please try mailto:mode...@tracks4africa.co.za

---

Kevin Gradidge

Jun 18, 2024, 6:27:22 AMJun 18
to Tracks4africa Group, Lizette Swart
Morning All. Is anyone able to assist me with some info please?

I failed to pin down a reliable contact number for Garmin to assist me. The best I get so far is on their website which states they no longer provide service and repairs for my Garmin Zumo 660.

With the last T4A maps update, I am unable to transfer data to my Garmin due to an error which reads "Insert Battery".

The device does not seem to recognize the cable connection as it does not go through the normal connection process when plugged in. It just goes straight t the error reading. I have tried all the normal alternatives such as updating software, different USB ports, cables, Laptop, etc. even tried resetting the device to factory settings - no luck, the screen just goes straight to the error message "Insert Battery".

I will be in Cape Town in 2 weeks from now and could take it in to someone their to have it seen to?

Regards

Kevin Gradidge

Fax: 086 585 9002
"You can't fight ignorance, you can only switch on the light."

Lizette Swart

Jun 18, 2024, 6:38:28 AMJun 18
to Kevin Gradidge, Tracks4africa Group
Hi Kevin,

Garmin does their own support for devices nowadays, they are based in Johannesburg only. In February they provided me with the following contact details:

0861 427 646
011 251 9999

Good luck!

Regards/Groete

Lizette

Lizette Swart

Brett

Jun 18, 2024, 10:01:01 AMJun 18
to jeroen.dalemans, Tracks4Africa
Jeroen you can also try Ratho Bush Camps. They're right on the Limpopo near Pontdrif. Ask for Sandra 0824487998.
Go well
Brett

kot...@iafrica.com

Jun 18, 2024, 10:23:06 AMJun 18
to Tracks4africa Group, Lizette Swart

Kevin I do not know if you can remove your battery from the gps, but if so then you can try the way as described in the attached email.

The author of the email, Francois Visagie, was also a member here and has also passed away some time ago…

Also see here….repair your gps battery - Google Search

I see you are coming to Cape Town. There is a place in Milnerton where some guys use to take their Garmin 276’s for the battery recharge but I just cannot find it now. I might have an answer for you during the week…

Deon Kotze

To STOP getting T4A Mail, make sure that you are sending mail from the SAME ADDRESS that you used when you joined the T4A list and then click on this link:
mailto:tracks4afric...@googlegroups.com
If that does NOT work, then please try mailto:mode...@tracks4africa.co.za

---

[T4A] Fix for GPSMAP 276C "Battery missing".eml
image001.png
image002.png

kot...@iafrica.com

Jun 18, 2024, 10:36:24 AMJun 18
to Tracks4africa Group

There you go Kevin, that is the place….see below

Thanx Michael , I was there many moons ago but they did a good job.

Regards

Deon Kotze

Jun 18, 2024, 10:46:20 AMJun 18
to Tracks4africa Group, kot...@iafrica.com
batteries unlimited did my 276c repack with longer life batteries in 2017 and its still wekking

and several of my mates various rechargeable boys-toys

If you call ahead and make sure they have "stock"you may get it back within a day or two
shop 18 Marconi Centre, 460 Koeberg rd Milnerton 021 555 1911, whatsapp 084 696 5577

in the case of the 276, they will repack into the previous battery "box"

Regards
Oupa G
083 455 7981

jeroen.dalemans

Jun 19, 2024, 4:47:34 AMJun 19
to Tracks4Africa
Kevin,

I don't see the link with accomodation in Limpopo.
Please open a new thread for unrelated questions;

Regards

Jeroen