Help - Toyota LC76 Wagon

Pajó

Jun 21, 2024, 12:03:06 AMJun 21
to tracks...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I have a Diesel Toyota LC 76 Wagon and since i lift my suspension in 2017/2018 i have some severe shaking when driving above 115/120 km/h...
I already change correction caster kits one month ago , but yesterday still had same problem twice...
I can drive long distance without problem but sudently with no reason the car starts shaking and almost lost control...
I am in Namibia at this moment and I will be in Windhoek next week and i would like someone to recommend me a reliable repair shop that could definitely see and resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

PJ

Lizette Swart

Jun 21, 2024, 2:38:02 AMJun 21
to Pajó, tracks...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Pajo,

If you use the "advanced search" button on the T4A website, you can look for auto repair in Windhoek. I myself have used Etzolds and they come highly recommended for Landcruisers - but they are very busy so try to book ahead of time.

If you are anywhere near Swakopmund, I used Crossroads in the past (not on a Toyota) and they fixed the problem I had:

Regards/Groete

Lizette

Lizette Swart

To STOP getting T4A Mail, make sure that you are sending mail from the SAME ADDRESS that you used when you joined the T4A list and then click on this link:
mailto:tracks4afric...@googlegroups.com
If that does NOT work, then please try mailto:mode...@tracks4africa.co.za

---

Robert Strasser

Jun 21, 2024, 2:48:11 AMJun 21
to Lizette Swart, Pajó, tracks...@googlegroups.com

Mike Nieuwoudt

Jun 21, 2024, 7:05:42 AMJun 21
to Tracks4Africa
Its called the death wobble, and it is with 90% certainty attributable to worn front suspension Panhard rod bushes or their location bolts being loose.

Aubrey Moore

Jun 24, 2024, 3:03:00 AM (14 days ago) Jun 24
to Mike Nieuwoudt, Tracks4Africa

Agree 100% with Mike. If a steering damper is fitted…… suggest replace that also when replacing worn front suspension parts. To check for panhard bushes being worn ….. jack under sump and lift both front wheels off ground. Grab one wheel and move it left and right ….. opposite wheel should move without any play at same time … back and forth. Grab panhard and shake it … there should be no movement in the bushes  or panhard.

Kind regards

Aubrey Moore

From Mike:-

To STOP getting T4A Mail, make sure that you are sending mail from the SAME ADDRESS that you used when you joined the T4A list and then click on this link:
mailto:tracks4afric...@googlegroups.com
If that does NOT work, then please try mailto:mode...@tracks4africa.co.za

---

Pajó

Jun 24, 2024, 3:03:08 AM (14 days ago) Jun 24
to Mike Nieuwoudt, Tracks4Africa
Hi

Thanks all for taking your time to advise me.

Good weekend for you all

BR

PJ
Mostrar citação