How to estimate Robot position and orientation?

grudolph

Jul 30, 2008, 7:07:03 PM7/30/08
to Systronix TrackBot
I would like to be able to estimate the robot's position and
orientation in a local coordinate system.
Looking in the user's guide, it is not clear to me whether messages
to read the motor odometer/distance
have been implemented. I don't see an API in the existing Motors class
to set/reset or read motor position.

Can someone clarify this?

Bruce Boyes

Jul 30, 2008, 8:53:18 PM7/30/08
to trac...@googlegroups.com
This hasn't yet been implemented, waiting in part on a whole new
version of the TrackBot runtime with full peer node support. We're
actually starting to test this new runtime this week.

"Full peer node support" will make possible autonomous messages
between nodes and back to the Application Brain.

With the SPOT Blue 080609 release SPOT should be able to handle such
messages now.

More on all this soon...

best regards

Bruce