Trackbot w/ SunSPOT & HOL 7320

grudolph

Jul 10, 2008, 4:52:06 PM7/10/08
to Systronix TrackBot
I downloaded the code for HOL 7320.
In attempting Ex 6, having the trackbot draw a square, I attempted the
exercise several times.
The first time, the motors went crazy, and the robot did not draw a
square.

I power cycled both the tarackbot and the SPOT, made a change to the
code, and tried again.
This time only one motor turned on, the other one did nothing.

Every subsequent attempt it looks like I am downloading code to the
SPOT, but now I get no motor
response at all. I don't even hear a noise.

Has the command set changed since that lab and its code was written?
Could I have burned out the motors somehow, or fried part of the
SunSPOT?

I tried using a second trackbot, but got no motor response.

Bruce Boyes

Jul 10, 2008, 5:56:26 PM7/10/08
to trac...@googlegroups.com
The SPOT API has changed since this lab.

We recommend you start with the TrackBot Common V2 code, and update
to the Blue release of the SPOT SDK.

It's unlikely anything is damaged.

Blue fixes some serious bugs in the serial I/O of SPOT.

We still seem to notice that SPOT isn't really reset unless you fully
power it down and restart it. Just tapping the power/reset button
doesn't seem to initialize things properly as it should.

best regards

Bruce

------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
Real embedded Java and much more